Brain Injury Association of Maryland
Maryland Concussion Clinics
Comprehensive Concussion & Assessment Program
- The Concussion Assessment and Management Program at Adventist Rehabilitation Hospital of Maryland is a comprehensive program that follows an individual through the continuum of recovery, from initial injury assessment to symptom management, rehabilitation, and return to life. Our program consists of an interdisciplinary team that is uniquely trained in managing brain injuries and includes Physiatry (a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation), Neuropsychology (a clinical psychologist specializing in brain-behavior relationships in the form of cognition, behavior, and emotions), and Physical Therapy (specializing in vestibular and balance concerns), as well as additional services such as speech and occupational therapies as needed.
- The program specializes in assessment and management of acute (recent) concussion injuries, as well as chronic (persistent) post-concussive symptoms.
- We serve adolescents and adults, ages 14 and up who have incurred a concussion injury from sports, motor vehicle accidents, assaults, falls, and any other events that result in concussion injuries.
Adventist Rehabilitation Hospital of Maryland
9909 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
For more information, to make a referral, or to schedule an appointment, please call (240) 864-6299.
Safe Concussion Outcome Recovery & Education (SCORE) Program
The SCORE Concussion Program at Children’s National Medical Center evaluates, monitors and manages the care of children and adolescents with concussions (mild traumatic brain injury or TBI). The program consults with physicians regionally and nationally, as well as scholastic and youth recreational sports programs in which children are vulnerable to injury.
The SCORE Program works closely with school personnel to coordinate and monitor treatment. Ongoing management of schoolwork, including tests, readings, and cognitive activities, as well as physical activity are critical to ensure a child’s full recovery from injury.
We work closely with healthcare professionals, including pediatricians, primary care physicians, and neurologists to coordinate and monitor treatment.
The SCORE program is one of the only programs in the greater Washington, DC, area that specializes in the evaluation and management of concussions in children.
111 Michigan Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20010
HeadFirst Sports Injury and Concussion Care
The HeadFirst Sports Injury and Concussion Center, a new entity designed to help diagnose a concussion injury sustained by a youth athlete, as well as to bring increased awareness about the dangers of playing post-injury. Affiliated with Righttime Medical Care, the center currently has 11 different locations throughout central Maryland.
2401 Brandermill Boulevard Gambrills, MD 21054.
1-855-SIT IT OUT (748-4868)
Kennedy Krieger’s Neurorehabilitation Concussion Clinic
Created more than 25 years ago, Kennedy Krieger Institute's Pediatric Brain Injury Program has been a nationally recognized leader in treating children and adolescents with intensive rehabilitation needs caused by recent neurological injury or illness. Built on the expertise of the brain injury specialists at Kennedy Krieger, the Neurorehabilitation Concussion Clinic was recently introduced to address the needs of those who experience mild traumatic brain injuries and do not need intensive rehabilitation. The Concussion Clinic treats children and adolescents, ages 5 to 18 years.
707 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205
Comprehensive Sports Concussion Program of the LifeBridge Brain & Spine Institute
- Mild Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
The Mild Brain Injury Program provides specialized medical management for those who have sustained a recent brain injury and for those with long-standing symptoms associated with mild brain injury that have not resolved. Best outcomes occur when mild brain injury is treated immediately, clear information is provided, and consistent follow-up services are offered. This holistic, comprehensive approach provides both the medical and mental health services necessary to resolve complex neurologic problems. A dedicated case manager is available to clients and families to provide education and resource coordination.
- To make an appointment with a physical, occupational, or speech therapist, please call: 410-601-5855
Mirowski Medical Office Building at Sinai Hospital
5051 Greenspring Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Phone: 1-888-747-8899 OR 410-601-WELL (9355).
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital Concussion Assessment and Management Program
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital’s Concussion Assessment and Management Program provides evaluations and treatment for children with both sports-related and non-sports-related concussions. Patients must be seen by a physician before coming to the clinic. For each clinic visit, patients will meet with a Clinical Neuropsychologist who will administer a battery of tests that are sensitive to the effects of concussion.
To schedule an appointment in Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital’s Concussion Assessment and Management Program please call 410-578-5261.
1708 West Rogers Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
Medstar National Rehabilitation Network Concussion Clinics
- Largest program in the DC region, treating more than 200 inpatients a year
- Treating adults and children with Traumatic Brain Injury, brain tumors, infections and brain hemorrhages
- Comprehensive care includes inpatient services, a Transitions Day Treatment Program, and outpatient services at NRH Regional Rehab centers in DC and Maryland
- Treatment delivered by a multidisciplinary care team of board certified neurologists and PM&R specialists, physical and occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers and neuropsychologists
- Brain Injury Families and Friends Support Group –202.877.1012
- Transitions Day Treatment Program – 202.877.1945
- Neuropsychology, Psychological Evaluations & Therapy –202.877.1120
102 Irving Street NW
Washington, DC 20010
The Concussion Clinic at Sheppard Pratt
Call for an appointment – 410.938.4606
6501 North Charles Street
Towson, MD 21204
Towson Orthopaedic Associates and Towson Sports Medicine have teamed up to offer a comprehensive concussion management program.
Towson Sports Medicine 410-828-4TSM (4876) or call Melissa Towns at 410-337-7900 ext. 1236
Ruxton Professional Building
8322 Bellona Ave.
Towson, MD 21204