2013 BIAM Annual Education Conference
April 18-19, 2013
Call for Presentations
Submission Deadline Extended through November 5th
Audience: Individuals with brain injury, family members/caregivers, and a wide range of providers and professionals, including educators, clinical and medical professionals, and representatives from state agencies.
Location: Crowne Plaza Baltimore 2004 Greenspring Drive Timonium, MD 21093
Topics and Presentations: Progress, current and future challenges, strategies for improvement concerning all quality of life issues faced by individuals with brain injury and their families. To include medical, mental health, education, rehabilitation, adaptive equipment advances, as well as insights, attitude shifts, and coping strategies gained over time from the vantage points of individuals, families, communities, and the intersections and responsiveness of all layers of government. Presentations should be 60 or 90 minutes long; this includes questions and answers from the audience.
• Systematic approaches for identification of brain injury & their implications
• Advances in emergency responsiveness, medical treatment, services & supports
• Co-occurring Conditions (for example, BI and mental health and/or substance abuse)
• Risk Factors for Individual with BI & Prevention Strategies
• Aging with brain injury -- from the individual and family members' perspectives
• Education, Transition to Work, Employment
• Assistive Technology, natural supports (strategies to maximize independence)
• Health, Wellness & Pursuit of the Good Life
• Awareness, Activism & Community Responsiveness
• Systems Change, Government Responsiveness, Partnerships & Collaborative Initiatives
Deadline: All proposals must be received by November 5, 2012. Abstracts must be complete and received by this deadline in order to be considered for acceptance. The Conference Planning Committee will review proposals and make decisions at the end of November 2012.
BIAM will request CEUs from a number of providers, including:
• American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA)
• Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
• Commission for Case Management Certification
• Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice
• Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
• Maryland Board of Speech-Language Pathology
• American Association of Critical Care Nurses
• Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission Maryland Certified Rehabilitation Service Providers
BIAM is a provider of CEUs for the Maryland Board of Social Work and the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists.