The Conference "Making it Happen...Making it Count" is a multi-track neuro-conference focusing on issues related to: individuals with brain injury and family members, children and adolescents in the school system, advocacy, and professional and clinical training. The purpose of the two-day conference is to provide state-of-the-art information about brain injury treatment, services, research, and advocacy and to improve collaboration and networking between individuals with brain injury, families and professionals.
For the 27th Anniversary of our Annual Conference, BIAM is staying GREEN and offering online registration to our attendees. BIAM has again partnered with Cvent Online Event Management to place the entire conference registration packet on line to provide a completely interactive registration experience. Choose the day or days you would like to attend, pick your breakout sessions, select your registration fees and form of payment, click done and you are instantly provided with a confirmation number and personalized itinerary with your selections to save or print. Change your mind about a session? Want to join a friend in a different session? Log back in, type in your confirmation number, and you can make adjustments to you schedule up to two weeks before the conference. If you are not a currently a member of BIAM, but would like to receive the reduced Membership Pricing for the conference, you may join at the appropriate membership rate during the online registration process. Ex. "Select Professional - Non BIAM Member" - the price will be $390 for both days. After choosing to attend Two Days, Select "Professional Membership at $100", your conference price will be reduced to the two-day membership price of $270making your final registration cost $370 (AND you have the bonus of being a BIAM member for the 365 Days!)While we recognize that there may be a few hiccups along the way, and ask for your patience as we move forward together, we fully anticipate this process will add ease and efficiency to the overall registration process
PAPER AND PEN FOR TRADITIONALISTS
Don't Worry - Traditional hard copy applications are also available by clicking HERE, Or we can email you or mail you an agenda, you can make your selections and either fax them to us at 410.448.3541 or call us, and we can take your information over the phone.
"Frances Fund" Conference Scholarships for Brain Injury Survivors and Family Members
The Frances Bateson Dexter Educational Scholarship Fund provides a limited number of partial scholarships to assist individuals with brain injury or their family members who are BIAM members with limited finances and wish to attend the conference. If you are interested in applying, download the Survivor Scholarship Application, the Registration Brochure
and follow the instructions.
The 2015 Public School Personnel MSDE Scholarship Application
will still be using HARD COPIES.
- PLEASE Download the 2015 Annual Conference Registration Packet.
- COMPLETE and sign the Conference Registration Form leaving the payment portion blank.
- WRITE "MSDE" in large black letters on the top right hand side of the Conference Registration Form.
- WRITE name of the County School System where you work under the MSDE.
- FAX the form to BIAM at 410.448.3541 OR MAIL the form to: BIAM, MSDE Scholarship, 2200 Kernan drive, Baltimore, MD 21207-6665
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR YOUR APPLICATION. IT WILL ONLY DELAY REVIEW OF YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
Criteria for Annual Conference Scholarships
- You must be a school staff member employed by a Public School in the State of Maryland
- Scholarship applications must be postmarked or faxed by no later than March 14, 2015
- Members who have never received a scholarship have priority over those individuals who have received scholarships in past years
- We are seeking to maximize representation from the largest number of counties possible. We will try to accommodate the maximum number of requests possible. However funds are limited, and we may not be able to accommodate all requests from a particular region.
Expenses Covered Under the Scholarship
- Conference registration for Thursday, March 26 or Friday,March 27, or both days.
- Meals included with the conference registration package are breakfast, lunch, and snacks. (Additional meals are not reimbursed)
Expenses Not Covered Under the Scholarship (if you live within 50 miles of Timonium)
- Travel expenses
- Hotel/lodging expenses
IN ORDER TO PROMOTE SCHOOL STAFF OUTSIDE THE GREATER BALTIMORE AREA ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE THIS YEAR, A LIMITED PORTION OF OUR GRANT MAY PROVIDE CONFERENCE LODGING TO PUBLIC SCHOOL STAFF WHO LIVE OUTSIDE A 50 MILE RADIUS OF TIMONIUM.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A TRAVEL GRANT IN ADDITION TO A SCHOLARSHIP, PLEASE INDICATE IT BELOW YOUR COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM ON THE APPLICATION.